This guidance document is being provided based on the public health situation as we understand it today and takes effect immediately for the 2020-2021 school year. Changes to the public health situation over the course of the school year may necessitate changes to this guidance.
- Reduce visitors such as guests and contractors during hours that students are on campus
- Temperature checks and security measures will be followed for all visitors
- Conduct meetings remotely through phone or video conferencing technology as needed
- Cancel or postpone nonessential meetings and events as appropriate
- Close common areas or limit use by social distancing
- Place desks, tables, equipment per social distancing guidelines
- Ensure proper placement of hand sanitizer and allow access to hand washing
- Post signs requiring good hand and respiratory hygiene practices (masks, etc.)
- Increase sanitation and disinfecting of classrooms, restrooms and all common areas
- Ensure trash is removed daily and disposed of safely (discarded face masks, tissues, etc.)
- Provide facemasks/coverings for students if they become damaged, lost or broken while on campus
- Report to each district immediately if a student from DETCCA test positive and follow Covid-19 cleaning procedures – Districts will follow the TEA – COVID Guidelines to notify their school community.
DETCCA PARTICIPANTS WILL
- Stay at least 6 feet apart in enclosed spaces, hallways, and restrooms and other areas as appropriate
- Will transition/move ONE-WAY in the hall-way areas. Signs will be posted to give direction
- Wear a mask, face covering or face shield to campus every day
- Increase sanitation practice by washing hands frequently, use hand sanitizer that is provided. Throw waste paper in trash cans and report when facilities need to be cleaned.
Notify campus staff if you become ill during the school day with any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle or body ache
- Loss of taste/smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion/runny nose
If you feel sick, it is best that you stay home. Please notify the center of your absence.